WestJet Celebrates Father’s Day with a New Viral Video
WestJet is known for taking the time to make incredible heart warming and fun viral videos. We ALL remember the mind blowing video from Christmas that took over the world.
Well, they’re back with a really touching Father’s Day video!
To celebrate dads everywhere, Westjet worked with Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada to surprise a hardworking dad, Marc Grimard, with an early Father’s Day gift by reuniting him with his sick child and family. Continue reading
Lucky Irish Toasts
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from DBS
‘Lucky’ Irish Toasts
May the luck of the Irish
Lead to happiest heights
And the highway you travel
Be lined with green lights.
Wherever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish be there with you.
If you’re enough lucky to be Irish…
You’re lucky enough!
May you have all the happiness
and luck that life can hold—
And at the end of all your rainbows
may you find a pot of gold.
May your pockets be heavy—
Your heart be light,
And may good luck pursue you
Each morning and night.
If you’re looking for some last minute St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out these Pinterest boards for inspiration. (click on photo to see Pinterest boards)
Click on photo to see Pinterest Boards
Suggestions for Next St. Patricks’ Day
What will you do to start planning for next year? Start ahead of time: you’ll either be ahead of the crowd or head to head your competitors. Posting St. Patrick’s Day images 2-3 weeks before March 17th should distinguish your business as a leader, not a follower.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Get your Irish On!
Happy Vaentine’s Day from Digout Business Solutions
February 14th is Valentine’s Day!
Named for Saint Valentine, this is a day when people express their love by sending cards, exchanging gifts of chocolate, roses or personal items, and even sharing romantic dinners by candlelight.
Any way you run the numbers, Valentine’s Day is a big deal to Canadian Consumers:
- On average Canadians are expected to spend $92.30 on Valentine’s Day gifts, a 2007 study conducted for the Retail Council of Canada found.
- 33% of Canadian women think that the man should pay for a Valentine’s date, while 31% say that it should alternative back and forth, according to http://www.gdsourcing.com.
- 58% of Canadian men think that the man should pay for a Valentine’s date, while 21% say that it should alternative back and forth (gdsourcing.com).
- 54% of single Canadian men and 50% of single Canadian women hope to find someone special for Valentines Day 2012 (www.gdsourcing.com).
- More then 30% of Canadians would prefer to have an intimate dinner as their ideal Valentines Day date, according to a 2012 survey by Hotels.com.
- More then 66% of Canadians said they cared less about receiving gifts, and more about spending quality time together (Hotels.com survey, 2012).
- 58% of Canadian respondents said that lingerie was the most important item for a romantic Valentines evening (Hotels.com survey, 2012).
- 51% of Canadian respondents said they would most like to find a bottle of champagne in their room on Valentine’s Day (Hotels.com survey, 2012).
- 47% of men purchased their gifts the day before or on Valentine’s Day. This is compared to the 60% of women who get their shopping done a week before, according to a 2009 survey by MasterCard Canada.
- 81% of Canadian men and 93% of Canadian women say that they give Valentine’s Day gifts because they want to, not because they feel they have to, according to a MasterCard Canada survey in 2010.
- 72% of Canadians give a gift to their partner, 50% give to their parents, 47% to their friends, 42% to siblings and 10% to their colleagues (MasterCard survey, 2010).
Business Lesson From All These Stats:
Valentine’s Day is big, the second most lucrative holiday for business in the calendar. If it’s not one of your marketing targets, it probably should be. Think about what products you could create or promote to increase Valentine’s Day related sales for 2015.
Rememberance Day 2013
On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918 the giant guns of the Western Front finally fell silent. An armistice was declared and the Great War of 1914 -1918 came to an end. 70 million people had been mobilized during the conflict and over 13 million souls were dead, at least one third of them with no known grave. Continue reading