5 Social Media Makeover Tips for 2014
Social media is not rocket science. That’s good news because it means that with some minor adjustments to your Facebook page, Twitter account and weekly calendar you can stand out from your competition, get more leads and engage with more customers. In the world of business it’s called social lead generation, and below are five social media makeover tips for your business.
According to infographic typical small to medium-sized business stands today on overall “C” grade level, because of an unprofessional avatar or company logo, missing background banner, inconsistent content management, and lack of social engagement.
- If you have several users posting on behalf of your company, consider using your company logo. If you’re a solopreneur, use a professional photo. People want to see who’s “behind” the business.
- By having the same background and banner images on all profiles will create a more consistent online presence
- When in Rome, do as Roman’s do. If you’re going to share on all networks, talk in the language that social media platform requires. For example, Facebook and Twitter have different audiences. Facebook audience loves photos and images, whereas you may need to use URL shorteners for your Twitter status update.
- It can be overwhelming to stay on top of the latest social media trends. Never fear, you have me! That’s my job. If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I’d love to help you in any way that I can.
- I can’t stress enough the importance of engaging with your followers. Remember, the keyword in social media is “social”. Nothing worse than coming to a profile and they company does not interact with you or respond to your questions. Be authentic. Be real and engage.